Skip to content

History

The city of Nawalgarh was founded by Nawalsingh, the fourth of the five brothers in 1737 AD on an existing village of Kaimkhanis. He built a fort, the Gopinath temple and surrounded the town with a fortification wall. These can still be seen however in much deteriorated condition. The city prospered and quickly became the focal point of the culture in the region and is still among the biggest towns of Shekhawati. Among its heritage buildings there are hundreds of painted havelis, buildings old and new. Many of the better known merchant families came from here prominent amount whom are the Birlas, Poddars and Murarkas

Koolwal Kothi was built by the late Shri Anandilal Hemraj Koolwal in the year 1934. The legacy of Anandilal Koolwal lives on inside the exquisitely designed Haveli and Kothi.

The kothi is made of lime work reflecting the regal times and grandeur of a by gone era. The Koolwal kothi has 18 heritage & suite A/c rooms. The fresco Restaurant serves delicious & large variety of meals with warm & friendly service.